You Are Visitor #:

From the Waters....

Tampa, FL, United States
In the late 90's, I created "The Resume Dolphin" column for the online Morrock News Digest. Thus, "the dolphin" theme continues in a new era. I'm a Tampa Bay Based Career Advisor as well as a Recruiting and Career Services professional with over 10 years of experience. I have worked while in career services and recruiting/placement to assist people in improving their job search and their marketability! With experience in recruiting and placement for Technology, Engineering, Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Finance, Allied Health and HR, I've found out much about WHAT EMPLOYERS LOOK FOR. Knowing how employers view things can help job seekers make their searches much more effective! -This blog is a way to share that info! ...And, hopefully be of help to those "navigating the waters" of the job market!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Why we're here!

No matter your professional background or job search status, I am here to help!

I've been in the recruiting/placement and career services fields for over a decade. Plus, I've done resume writing for almost 20 years, primarily on a volunteer basis.

What I've discovered over that time is that most people have SOME of the skills needed to help in the job search process, but usually not enough.

Further, having worked in recruiting/placement, I've been through THOUSANDS of resumes and interviewed several thousand people. In the process of working with employers, I've found out more and more about what THEY look for.

And it's often NOT what job candidates present!
  • Resumes lack information that will entice an employer.
  • Interview skills are lacking.
  • Job search techniques are often too passive.
That doesn't even mention the inaccurate information people get from "so called" experts.
I'm not claiming that questionable title of "expert."

Let's say I've learned from working IN the employment-related market and found techniques and approaches that are MORE likely to help job searchers find success.
I've written for Internet newspapers, created materials and templates and done training that has provided people with better tools. Such doesn't make me an "expert." Frankly, I've always had an issue with people who give themselves that title. What are the qualifications?

Instead, I can claim to be someone who has learned about things that can help.

Job searches aren't fun, generally. (Having just gone through one, I can state that without reservation!) However, with the proper tools and approach, we can maximize our effectiveness in the way we reach out to employers and the way we present ourselves.

Here's where you can find tools and approaches that can be of help.

No matter your education, experience or career goals, you have good things to offer an employer! I hope the Job Search Dolphin blog will be a helpful site for you to help you go and grow forward.

Great news! Most of what I hope to provide here is simple, simply written and fairly easy to use. Frankly, it wouldn't be much use, otherwise!

Your comments and feedback are ALWAYS welcome.

The Job Search Dolphin

No comments: